3S - Safe, Sound and Sustainable Housing in Africa | A WCCE - FAEO - ECCE workshop
World Council of Civil Engineers (WCCE), jointly with the Federation of African Engineering Organizations (FAEO) and the European Council of Civil Engineers (ECCE) have joined forces to raise awareness about the need for "Safe - Sound - Sustainable" (3S) buildings, which cannot be achieved unless integrating structural/seismic design with energy efficiency upgrades of existing buildings improvements (3S Approach). The 3S Approach seed initiative, focused on Europe, was launched by the European Council of Civil Engineers in 2020. Now, WCCE, FAEO and ECCE are committed to broaden the scope of this campaign to become global. The workshop will present the 3S Approach initiative and encourage a dialogue to address how each interested partner country may contribute to this global project.
- Andreas Brandner, ECCE President
- Kazawadi Papias Dedeki, FAEO President
- Jorge Emilio Abramian, WCCE President
- Platonas Stylianou, 3S Approach Initiative Chair & ECCE President Elect
- Prof. Sylvester Abuodha, Board Director, Engineers Board of Kenya
- Martin Manuhwa, WCCE Vicepresident, Engineering Council of Zimbabwe
- Aishatu Aliyu Umar, WCCE Representative for Africa, Federal Housing Authority of Nigeria
Closing remarks by
- Mustapha Shehu, FAEO Past President and WFEO President Elect
WCCE will lobby regulatory bodies to award continuous professional development points to webinar participants who will complete and submit the questionnaire which will be shared during the webinar.
- Wednesday, 10th May 2023
Powered by iCagenda